Monday, December 2, 2013

What If??- Stranger Danger

While driving back for this weekends Thanksgiving festivities, my wife and I were discussing things that we would like to add to our child raising philosophy. One thing that was covered was how we would like to cover 'Stranger Danger'. My wonderful wife, The Hobbit, shared that she had recently read a blog post about one woman's social anxiety problems and how this woman believed that a big part of it came from the modern philosophy taught to our children. We talked about how most child predation came from people the child knew, friends of the family or a family member. I had a thought pop into my head, what if the Tin Foil hat powers of the world created 'Stranger Danger' in order to slowly cause a drift to irrupt between us as people. What if they didn't want us to talk to each other as neighbors, to get to know each other? If we didn't build community to lift and help and love each other. Why would someone want us to live that way? I'd like to know your thoughts, please leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment